quinta-feira, 11 de outubro de 2012

Gandhi says:



There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever.


 The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.


 Be the change that you want to see in the world.


 It is my own firm belief that the strength of the soul grows in proportion as you subdue the flesh.


 Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.


 Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I shall have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning.


Those who know how to think need no teachers.


A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.


 A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.

Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances.

Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear.

Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position.

If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.

Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.

Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is.

Faith... must be enforced by reason... when faith becomes blind it dies.

Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart.

Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.

In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place.

No culture can live if it attempts to be exclusive.

The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within.

Sem comentários: