domingo, 6 de outubro de 2013

“The busy bee has no time for sorrow.”

"Thy friendship oft has made my heart to ache: do be my enemy for friendship's sake."

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” 

“A truth that's told with bad intent
Beats all the lies you can invent.”

“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” 

“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”

 “If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.”

 “Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.”

 “The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity... and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself.”

 “The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.”

 “I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. I will not reason and compare: my business is to create.”

 “The imagination is not a state: it is the human existence itself.”

 “The glory of Christianity is to conquer by forgiveness.”

 “The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind.”

 “What is now proved was once only imagined.”

 “Truth can never be told so as to be understood and not be believed.”

 “To generalize is to be an idiot.”

 “Love seeketh not itself to please, nor for itself hath any care, but for another gives its ease, and builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.”

 “He who kisses joy as it flies by will live in eternity's sunrise.”

 “A man can't soar too high, when he flies with his own wings.”

 “Without contraries is no progression. Attraction and repulsion, reason and energy, love and hate, are necessary to human existence.”

 “You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough.”

 “I was walking among the fires of Hell, delighted with the enjoyments of Genius; which to Angels look like torment and insanity.”

 “Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius.”

 “My mother groaned, my father wept,
into the dangerous world I leapt.”

 “Great things are done when men and mountains meet.”

 “Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps.”

 “It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.”

 “The most sublime act is to set another before you.”

 “I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.”

 “For every thing that lives is Holy.”

 “Everything to be imagined is an image of truth.”

 “When i tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.”

 “If the Sun and Moon should ever doubt, they'd immediately go out.”

 “Knowledge is Life with wings”

 “He who desires, but acts not, breeds pestilence.”

 “Energy is eternal delight.”

 “Mercy is the golden chain by which society is bound together.”

 “How can a bird that is born for joy
Sit in a cage and sing?”

 “Opposition is true Friendship.”

 “Children of the future age
Reading this indignant page
Know that in a former time
Love, sweet love, was thought a crime”


William Blake

Sem comentários: